Voices of a Battered Soul #10: Dear Friend

Once you were the best,

Kindred in spirit,

Yet life has pulled things apart.

I know you’re a better human than me,

But must you constantly remind me?

I know how you see me…

As immature, too emotional,

Not calm and level headed

Like you.

I can’t be you.

I must be me

Or else lose me.

You win.

You’re the best.

I’ll never reach the top

Of your impossible pedestal.

I get it,

I’m not as good as you.

Please let me lick my wounds

In peace.

Battered Souls have endured a lifetime of abuse: emotional, verbal, physical, sexual, or even all of the above. This leaves behind scars, some of which never truly heal. Although a Battered Soul may find the strength and courage to move forward in life and discover happiness, many times the voices of their scars whisper to them late at night. This is a detailed account of the whispering voices of one such Battered Soul. If you are a Battered Soul, I hope you may find strength in knowing you are not alone in your suffering.

20 thoughts on “Voices of a Battered Soul #10: Dear Friend

1. it says everything 🙂 Nice 🙂

1. very welcome 🙂

2. The Eclectic Contrarian June 9, 2019 — 7:02 pm

Different people have different situations and all need different outlets and council. Great post Heather!

Liked by 1 person

1. Yes, indeed! Thanks so much for stopping by again! I really appreciate it!

1. The Eclectic Contrarian June 9, 2019 — 7:15 pm

You’re welcome!

Liked by 1 person

2. Seriously! I really appreciate it when people take time to leave their thoughts.

3. The Eclectic Contrarian June 9, 2019 — 8:39 pm

That makes me happy! I’m a bit talkative round here 🙂

4. The Eclectic Contrarian June 9, 2019 — 8:41 pm

Ok cool what you wanna talk about lol!

Liked by 1 person

5. Lol, anything you want to talk about!

6. The Eclectic Contrarian June 10, 2019 — 11:22 am

What’s your favorite color? Lol!!!!!!!

7. The Eclectic Contrarian June 10, 2019 — 11:32 am

I like grey. Most people think grey is dull and boring. But I got to thinking about it, people like the pretty and obvious colors, some stand out and some are a bit more modest. But, grey is a color that is overlooked and not anyone’s particular favorite color.. it’s the beauty of overseen and not thought of things that catch me.

Liked by 1 person

8. That’s pretty cool… Blue was my grandma’s favorite because she grew up on the Texas coast. It reminded her of home. Now it reminds me of her.

9. The Eclectic Contrarian June 10, 2019 — 11:35 am

That’s awesome!

10. The Eclectic Contrarian June 10, 2019 — 11:36 am

I’m sometimes very deep about things lol!! I’m not the typical casual conversationist..

Liked by 1 person

11. Well, it’s good to be deep. There’s way too much superficial nonsense in the world already.

12. The Eclectic Contrarian June 10, 2019 — 11:45 am

I agree with that! I’m all too often thinking of myself as someone who see the world from the outside in, amongst too many who see everything from the inside out.

Liked by 1 person

13. That’s a good way to put it!

I just saw your post! I’ll miss seeing you on here but I can understand needing to take some time off. I hope everything is okay.