Feed Your Soul

This seems like such a simple idea to understand. Sadly enough, it took me years to truly understand the intent behind these words.

I always assumed family,and people I’d known a long time, were meant to make me feel good about life. We were connected so deeply, I thought.

Unfortunately, that’s not always the case. Sometimes family members can make us feel worse than any other person we know. Yet we cling to that relationship because…well…they’re family.

I discovered that life is too short to let other people make me feel small, no matter what blood connection we may have or how long we have known each other. True friends, real family, care about my well-being on a soul level. They look out for me, instead of using me.

If there are friends or family members dragging you down, making you question your worth, you need to know it’s okay to walk away. You are worth so much more than that. You deserve to be treated well. You owe it to your soul.

18 thoughts on “Feed Your Soul

1. The Eclectic Contrarian September 8, 2019 — 7:28 pm

“Sometimes family members can make us feel worse than any other person we know.”

Yes…. I know this too well.

I watch stuff on tv and hear people say that family is all you got and family is so strong… but I’ve never really experienced this. Family can be as hurtful and awkward as strangers.

Liked by 2 people

1. So true. I’ve been there myself. Sometimes you have to go create your own “family”.

1. The Eclectic Contrarian September 8, 2019 — 8:04 pm

I really feel like I’m trying to do that here.

2. That’s great!! Some of my favorite people re my online friends! 💙

3. The Eclectic Contrarian September 8, 2019 — 8:06 pm

Including me??

4. The Eclectic Contrarian September 8, 2019 — 8:14 pm

🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻wooooo!!! 😁

5. The Eclectic Contrarian September 8, 2019 — 8:27 pm

😝😝😝

6. The Eclectic Contrarian September 8, 2019 — 8:31 pm

Sorry… I’ll try to be more mature in my comments….

Who am I kidding? Lol!

7. Who wants to be mature? 😂😂😂😂

8. The Eclectic Contrarian September 8, 2019 — 8:39 pm

🧚🏼‍♂️

9. The Eclectic Contrarian September 8, 2019 — 8:40 pm

Stupid phone!!!!

🙋‍♂️ I meant to send that…..

1. The Eclectic Contrarian September 9, 2019 — 3:46 pm

I can see you in fairy outfit like the Sparkle paper towel fairy girl lol!!!

1. Haha! That would be scary—-I mean, interesting, lol! 😂

2. The Eclectic Contrarian September 9, 2019 — 3:54 pm

🤔😊😁😆😂

Liked by 2 people

2. You are so right 💖 I have a lovely family but I can understand that just because it’s your family doesn’t mean they are good for your soul. I agree that walking away is good. You have to do what feels good to you always. I also walk away from friends right now who are toxic because it isn’t worth it to feel bad about those people