Let Go and Live

Just something to think about this Monday morning…

Over the years, I’ve had many different pictures in my mind of what I thought my life should look like.

A few of those pictures have come to be. I always wanted three children. I now have three beautiful girls.

Many of those pictures never developed however. My marriage ended in a nasty divorce instead of the happily ever after I pictured.

One thing I’ve learned: when I stop mourning what I feel like I have lost, and embrace what I have and find the joy in the moment, I discover true happiness.

It can be difficult to let go of the picture we wanted to see. Yet, if we want to really enjoy life, we have to let go of what holds us back so we can really enjoy the life we have.

20 thoughts on “Let Go and Live

1. You are so right. It’s hard to think about our losses but so important to be grateful about the things we have ❤️

Liked by 1 person

1. Yes! It is so, so hard! But it’s definitely rewarding to look for the positive.

Liked by 1 person

2. This is so so important. Contentment is key for every aspect of life. If we always focus on what we want instead of what we have, we’ll never appreciate it. Thank you for that reminder!

Liked by 1 person

1. You’re so welcome! I figured if it was a good reminder for me, it might help someone else as well!!

3. The Eclectic Contrarian November 25, 2019 — 11:07 am

It led you to the blog where otherwise I’d never had met you!

1. Yes! Exactly! And I’m so, so glad it did! 💙

1. The Eclectic Contrarian November 25, 2019 — 11:33 am

You act excited to know me… 🙄😝😁

Liked by 1 person

2. I enjoy having followers who interact on a regular basis. You’re one of those.

3. The Eclectic Contrarian November 25, 2019 — 2:12 pm

I’m overly interactive lol!!

4. The Eclectic Contrarian November 25, 2019 — 2:49 pm

I’m also aggravating lol!

Liked by 1 person

5. Maybe on other people’s blogs, but you haven’t been on mine.

6. The Eclectic Contrarian November 25, 2019 — 2:54 pm

That’s why you’re one of my bestest buddies on here. You have nothing bad to say about me lol!!!

7. The Eclectic Contrarian November 25, 2019 — 3:10 pm

What can I say bad about you? 🤔

8. Haha! Very funny!

(If you need ideas, I’m sure I have a list somewhere.)

9. The Eclectic Contrarian November 25, 2019 — 3:42 pm

I’m sure I could think of something… but you know, it’s really not worth it. It’s far better to build someone up rather than criticize them and judge them.. etc. I’ll have you just the way you are. 🙂

10. The Eclectic Contrarian November 25, 2019 — 4:44 pm